Alfredo Prunotto a renowned wine-maker who worked for the most prestigious wineries of the time, took over in 1923, the Cantina Sociale "Vini delle Langhe" (Wine of the Langhe area Cooperative) founded in Alba in 1904 which, right after the First World War, had fallen on difficult times. Thanks to Alfredo and his wife’s great passion, the Prunotto winery soon became famous, exporting its wines throughout the world. In 1956 Prunotto retired from business and sold the company to wine-maker and friend Beppe Colla who, together with Carlo Filiberti and later with brother Tino Colla, carried on managing the winery with Alfredo’s same love.
In 1972 the business grew and moved to the present headquarters just outside Alba. The company was taken over in 1989 by the Tuscan winery Antinori which first took care of distribution and later - in 1995 when the Colla brothers retired - of production, keeping up the excellent level of quality so sought after by Alfredo Prunotto.
Información sobre Prunotto (Antinori)