The farm of Monte del Fra in the heart of Custoza, east of Lake Garda and just 15 km from the historic center of Verona was founded by brothers Eligio and Claudio Bonomo in 1958.
The firm today more than 100 acres of property including, besides the eponymous Mount other seals that take the same name from the place where Cà del Magro, Monte Godi, Mascarpine, Staffalo, Monte Rents, and the splendid Grottino held in the heart of the Middle Lena Valpolicella Fumane. Other acres are worked on lease and all located in the best zones of Verona. The oenological passion of Bonomo's family born in the country, whose staunch belief that good wine is the first of its origin in the vineyard, making it the first radical right choices were made in nature, leading to increase the number of vineyards field, the number depends on the variety from 4000 to 7000 plants per hectare and as a system of choosing breeding facility only double guyot and spurred cordon, to produce systems that require no more than 2-3 kg per plant. All the vineyards are completely irrigated through irrigation to allow the plant to be fed well every season. The preservation of vintage characteristics are then secured to the cellar by controlling the temperature is in the pressing and during fermentation of musts and transformation optimally preserves the characteristics of each wine produced. The winery is also equipped with a loft for the drying of grapes, a barrel for the refinement of the structure of a wine bottling plant and a storage cellar at a controlled temperature. The meticulous attention that the family in every step of the production makes its wines have been imposed on domestic markets, European and international, chosen as one of the most typical representative of Verona. Besides the important agreement of its customers high-quality wines are confirmed by numerous journalistic awards, contests, and guides that annually arrive from all over the world.