The Maison Delamain is derived from a family that had emigrated to Dublin in Ireland. James Delamain (1738-1800) marries Marie Ramson and returns to Jarnac in France in 1759 to form a company with his father-in-law Isaac Ranson, owner of a long-standing export company whose origins date back to the beginnings of cognac production. so in 1763 they created the Ranson et Delamain house.
The house and the distillery are rebuilt from the 18th and 19th centuries, partly from the 14th century cellars and partly over an old Protestant temple, which will act as a brandy store during the revolution. The office was built in 1740 for a notary. The owners are, Ranson and Delamain, from 1763 to 1817, and starting from 1824, Paul Roullet and Henri Delamain. In 1920, the Delamain family became the sole owner of the Delamain cognac.
The house Roullet and Delamain managed to have outlets in England and throughout northern Europe.
In 1956 Delamain specializes in the assemblages of old big and small Champagne cognacs: Fine Champagne.