Torrevento's history began in 1948 with the Liantonio family's purchase of the former Benedictine monastery in the Torre del Vento district, in the wildest part of the north-western Murgia. Afterwards, the family converted this monastery into a winery, and 57 hectares of vineyards at the foot of Castel del Monte, are now the leading company's core.
Vineyards are only grown with autochthonous vines, following the dictates of sustainable agriculture. At the winery, the production method follows a non-excessively long maceration time and a non-excessive use of wood. Francesco Liantonio has been at the helm; there have been many interventions: the expansion of the vineyard area, investments in technology and innovation and the start of the process for quality certification. It has 500 hectares of vineyards and 2,600,000 bottles, yet it can amaze and innovate, producing wines combining large numbers and quality.
Information about Torrevento