The winegrowing tradition of the Moser family started in the 1950s, when grandfather Ignazio began working the historic family plots on the steep slopes of the Cembra Valley. In the '70s, Francesco and Diego produced their first bottles of wine in a cellar in the village of Palú di Giovo. The winemaking activity was later moved to the new modern cellar at Maso Villa Warth in the ‘90s. Today, Carlo, Francesca and Matteo, representing the family’s third generation dedicated to winemaking, contribute to the on-going history of the Moser family winery.
The heart of the winery is situated in a very particular estate, in Trentino. Maso Villa Warth is practically a small village that overlooks the city of Trento. Here, besides the main manor-house built in 1600 during the Council of Trent, there are two buildings used for winemaking and ageing the wines, a warehouse covered with photovoltaic solar-panels and a small heating plant, as well as other buildings hosting apartments that are used for holiday rentals. The estate covers 25 hectares, 10 of which have been planted as vineyards while the remaining 15 have been left as woodland. The highest point of the estate, the logeta, is a panoramic viewpoint dominating the Adige Valley and overlooking the city of Trento.