Château Favray was distinguished by the presence of Françoise de la Rivière, lady in waiting of Queen Margot, the wife of Henri IV. When she married François de Reugny in 1602, she became Dame de Favray. Her tombstone and effigy are preserved in the chapel of a neighboring village.
It was probably during this period that the Château Favray vineyard first flourished. A magnificient eighteenth century press testifies to the thriving winemaking activity of numerous generations. Unfortunately the arrival of phylloxera at the end of the nineteenth century cruelly damaged our region's vineyard.
In 1980, Quentin David decided to bring the winemaking vocation back to life at Château Favray.