A mid-nineteenth century, the Rinuccini family sold their possessions to the Marquis Trivulzio of Milan thirty-four years later, in 1882, handed it to Baron Padoa. The last change of ownership occurred in 1935, when the house passed to the Conti Rossi Montelera.
During World War II the villa was initially the German army headquarters and then the summer of 1944 step 'in the hands of the English, who also used it as a hospital.
In the cellars at Torre Cona during the war he was protected various works by Michelangelo and Donatello, including the statues of the Medici Chapels and the Duomo of Florence. The knowledge that they were present these works of saving art 'Torre a Cona by bombing.
After World War II the Rossi family Montelera he took possession and began the work of restoration and maintenance continued until today. The new generation has undertaken a tourist and wine management project to share this magnificent estate with tourists visiting Florence and Tuscany.
Produce great wines in the respect of typicality and development of the area. Resulting limited production with grapes coming exclusively from estate vineyards and characterized by a special microclimate, due to an altitude of 350 mls. Much energy has been devoted in recent years to rationalize the planting of vineyards and then the winery to achieve the highest quality standards.