Chateau Guinand has deep traces in history, in fact there are documents of the '550 that affirm the whole valley was cultivated with vines. It belongs to the Guinand family since 1678, as evidenced by the portraits held in the Guinand castle.
We find in the ancestors a general of the Empire (whose name appears under the Arch of Triumph), a lawyer, a chaplain of the abbesses of Chateau-Chalon and a personality who was the director Salines de Salins and mayor of Nevy-Sur-Seille under the first empire.
The current configuration of the castle dates back to 1820, when it was enlarged.
Like all the vineyards in France, the vineyard suffered from the severe phylloxera crisis at the end of the 19th century. At that time, wine was commonly consumed wine sold locally in bulk, especially in Haut-Jura. It consisted of now extinct and forbidden grape varieties (the gueuche, the floured, the small Béclan, the Portuguese blue, ...)
For over 50 years, the vineyard has been abandoned. The vineyard of the estate was rebuilt by Henri Guinand in 1953, who after his military service and training at the agricultural school of Ressin (in the Loire), decided to re-plant the vines again.