In 1950, Silvio Nardi , father of the current owners, driven by his personal passion for wines, bought Casale del Bosco Estate, located in Montalcino. The family business has been represented by the Nardi Company since 1895 – a very important building construction company for the farm industry machinery, which is still located in Umbria.
In 1958, when the Brunello Consortium didn't exist yet and Montalcino was but a small unknown village, the first Brunello bottle came from the cellars of Casale del Bosco. Today, we can affirm that Silvio Nardi was the first “foreigner” to invest in the Montalcino.
In 1962, the Manachiara Estate was bought, with its 40 hectares of vineyards, near Castelnuovo dell'Abate, 25 km from Casale del Bosco. The Manachiara vineyards give their name today to the company's precious Brunello cru of the same name.
In 1967 Silvio Nardi was one of the founders of the Brunello di Montalcino wine Consortium.
In 1990 Emilia Nardi, Silvio's youngest daughter, took over the management of the company. She introduced radical changes in the process of wine production and company management and embarked on a process of restructuring both the vineyards and the cellar, choosing to combine tradition with scientific research.
Information about Tenute Silvio Nardi
Tenute Silvio Nardi
Loc. Casale del Bosco - Montalcino (SI)
Mario Pisanu, Davide Crastus
Percentage of grapes purchased
Only proprietary grapes.
Type of cultivation