The winery San Silvestro is located in Novello, in the heart of Barolo district. Here, Paolo and Guido Sartirano rule the businness with wisdom and respect for the tradition and for the history of this company. They represent the fourth generation and want to be respectful towards the work their family did to be where they are today. Investments for the future with a keen eye on values they’ve learned from their ancestors: consistency, authenticity and innovation.
Each glass embodies these three principles to return wines that reflect the uniqueness of this great area. Working closely with grapegrowers from different wine-areas, San Silvestro offers a range of wines that go from Gavi to Barbaresco through Asti and Barolo districts.
The following wines were awarded:
- Barolo Patres 2017: 95/100 (Gold Medal) from International Wine Challenge 2021, 91/100 from James Suckling, 91/100 (Silver Medal) from IWSC, Gold Medal from Mundus Vini 2021; the 2016 vintage was awarded 97/100 by Decanter, Gold Medal at Berliner Wine Throphy 2020
- Barolo Serra dei Turchi 2017: Gold Medal from Mundus Vini; the 2015 vintage was awarded 93/100 by IWSC, 90/100 by Decanter, 91/100 by Luca Maroni in "I migliori vini italiani 2020", 93/100 by James Suckling
- Barolo del Comune di Barolo 2016: 90/100 by Wine Enthusiast, 92/100 by Luca Maroni in "I migliori vini italiani 2021"; the 2015 vintage was awarded the Silver Medal by IWSC, 89/100 by Wine Enthusiast
- Barolo DOCG del Comune di Monforte d'Alba 2017: Gold Medal from Mundus Vini
- Barolo DOCG Riserva 2015: 92/100 from James Suckling, Gold Medal from Mundus Vini
- Barbaresco DOCG Magno 2018: 91/100 from Decanter World Wine Awards
- Barbaresco DOCG Riserva 2016: Silver Medal from Mundus Vini
- Barbera d'Asti Superiore 2018: Silver Medal from Mundus Vini
- Piemonte DOC Altego 2019: 93/100 (Silver Medal) from IWC, 91/100 from IWSC
- Piemonte Barbera Passito 2019: 90/100 (Gold Medal) from Sommerlier Choice Awards, 93/100 from Luca Maroni in "I migliori vini italiani", Bronze Medal from IWSC; the 2018 vintage was awarded 94/100 by Luca Maroni in "I migliori vini italiani".
- Barbera d'Alba Dominae 2019: Bronze Medal from IWC; the 2018 vintage was awarded Gold Medal by Mundus Vini
- Piedmont DOC Barbera Bio 2019: Gold Medal at Berliner Wine Throphy 2021
- Barolo DOCG Bio 2014: Gold Medal from Mundus Vini
- Monferrato DOC Chiaretto 2020: Gold Medal at the Berliner Wine Throphy 2021; the 2019 vintage was awarded with Silver Medal at the Berliner Wine Throphy
- Gavi DOCG 2020: 90/100 from Wine Enthusiast
- Gavi DOCG del Comune di Gavi Fossili 2020: 89/100 from Wine Enthusiast
- Langhe DOC Favorita 2020: 90/100 from Decanter World Wine Awards 2021
- Roero Arneis Sabbie 2019: Gold Medal from Mundus Vini
- Langhe Nascetta 2019: 92/100 from Luca Maroni in "I migliori vini italiani"; the 2016 vintage was awarded the Gold Medal at the Berliner Wine Trophy.