An estate full of history, who’s origin is lost in the tales of knights, intrigue and countless battles and wars. It’s an estate which has seen a lot over the years, named after a bold military leader, Sigismondo Pandolfo Malatesta from the mid-1400’s. The property was then taken over by Commander Giuseppe Ricci in 1941, an entrepreneur from Forli, Emilia Romagna. The recent history of the estate however, owes much to the daughter of the commander, Noelia Ricci, who in 1980 first thought of Pandolfa as a wine business and built their beautiful winery. The estate itself covers 140 hectares, of which 40 are planted mainly to Sangiovese as well as Trebbiano, Chardonnay and a few other experimental varieties. Their aim here is to make a pure expression of Sangiovese as it is known in Emilia Romagna.