Our winery was founded on the hills of Valdobbiadene, in the heart of the Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG production area, between Venice and the Dolomites. Always with an eye towards innovation, we have never forgotten our bond with our territory and its traditions. Thanks to this respect for this small paradise and the wonderful fruit it gives us, we tend towards an always “greener” wine growing method in harmony with the environment while taking into consideration our past and future generations.
Our name comes from a rolling hill in the Cartizze territory. In olden times, there was a bird snare, commonly called “Tordera”, on this hill. In the autumn season, thrushes flew in from the nearby mountains looking for food in the vineyards; this high ground got the Tordera name from this tradition. Even though the snare does not exist anymore, the name has remained with the local people.
This is where our family started; this is where La Tordera came to be.
Falstaff Trophy 2021 awarded the following wines:
- Tittoni Rive di Vidor Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG Dry 2020 with 92 POINTS
- Valdobbiadene Superiore di Cartizze DOCG Dry with 92 POINTS
- Tor Se' Rosé Prosecco Treviso DOC Brut 2020 with 92 POINTS
The following wines were awarded in 2021:
- Cartizze Valdobbiadene Superiore DOCG Dry: F92 points from Falstaff
- Tittoni Valdobbiadene DOCG Rive di Vidor Dry: 92 points from Falstaff
- Otreval Valdobbiadene DOCG Rive di Guia Extra Brut: 90 points from Decanter, Silver Medal at Champagne & Sparkling Wine World Competition 2021; 2 Bicchieri Rossi from Gambero Rosso; 88 points from Wine Enthusiast
- Brunei Baldobbiadene DOCG Brut: 3 Hearts from Merum; Corona from Vinibuoni d'Italia 2022; 89 points from Wine Enthusiast
- Tor Sè Prosecco Rosè DOC Treviso Brut: 92 points Falstaff; Gold Medal at Sélections Mondiales des Vins Canada 2021
- Saomì Prosecco DOC Treviso Brut: Gold Medal at Sélecitons Mondiales des Vins Canada 2021