That of the Maison Marniquet is an ancient story that began in 1929 with Pierre Coutelas, grandfather of Jean Pierre Marniquet who used to produce for his maison emblazoned capable of major investments and not willing to yield to quality by virtue of large productions.
The decision to set up on its own takes place a few years later, thanks to the awareness by the then young Pierre, of being not only a producer with considerable skills but also one of the few privileged to own land in one of the most suitable areas for Champagne: a mainly limestone hill resting on the right bank of the Marne valley, ten kilometers west of Epernay. The Marniquet maison produces according to the ancient precepts of the famous monk Dom Perignon maintaining however a family management where technology, respect for the environment and human sacrifice give an excellent result.
At the end of the 70s new production and storage cellars were built and a real quarry was annexed to the property; At the beginning of the 1990s, a path of eco-sustainability was launched that includes vineyard management practices with respect for the environment and the organic sector.
In those years JenaPiere Marniquet integrates more ecofriendly practices, such as the use of insect traps, organic fertilizers and the increase of working hours per hectare with the consequent reduction of pesticide use and emissions of CO2. Certified since 1999 for integrated viticulture, Maison Marniquet keeps production limited in favor of quality and today, as in the past, it has handed down a history of excellence guaranteed for almost a century of tradition.
Jean Pierre Marniquet pictures