San Giusto a Rentennano (name of Etruscan origin), is set high on the river Arbia in the southernmost part of Chianti Classico. Ancient Cistercian monastery (hence formerly called San Giusto alle Monache), then indomitable fortress, was marked on the border, according to a treaty of 1204, between the counties of Siena and Florence. Guelph battlements of the castle remain of the wall, the massive walls and Barbican underground cellars, still used for aging wine in barrels. Property of the Martini family of Cigala since 1914, today the brothers Anna, Lucia, Elisabetta, Francesca, Alessandro, Luca.
Fattoria San Giusto a Rentennano pictures