The Col D’Orcia estate is one of the oldest companies of Montalcino, being present in 1933 with the name “Fattoria di Sant’Angelo in Colle” at the First Exhibition of Italian wines held in Siena, with three vintages of Brunello. The origin of the estate dates back to the first half of the XVIII century when the noble family Delle Ciaia of Siena established an estate in the area of Sant’Angelo in Colle which increased year by year. In the second half of the nineteenth century the ownership was passed to the Servadio family and subsequently to the Franceschi family. In 1973 Count Alberto Marone Cinzano took over the company, with the aim to contribute to the development and success of Montalcino and its Brunello on world markets. From 1977 the company has been under the direction of Edoardo Virano and from 1992 the Col D’Orcia estate is presided over by Count Francesco Marone Cinzano.