Various sources report that in 1957 a deed was signed before a solicitor which concerneda plot of vines located in « ad montem Olivetti » but it wasn't until the begining of the XXth century that the association between the Sabon family and this locality was forged.
Séraphin Sabon, a native of the the neighbouring village of Serignan du Comtat married Marie, daughter of Romain Jausset, landowner at Châteauneuf-du-Pape.
In 1932 they created the « Clos Mont Olivet » Since then the domaine has passed through the hands of Joseph, eldest son of Séraphin and then his children. Today it is Celine, David & Thierry Sabon the grandchildren of Joseph who manage the estate.
Images Clos du Mont-Olivet