The origins of the Ciacci Piccolomini d'Aragona estate goes back to the 17th century. The oldest part of the property is the Palazzo (it means Palace), erected by Montalcino's Bishop, Fabius de' Vecchis, Abbot of S. Antimo Abbey. Over the course of time, the Palazzo became property of the Montalcino diocese and was auctioned accordin to italian law regardinh ecclesiastic property. The Palazzo and its lands were purchased by the countess Eva Bernini Cerretani on september 16th 1868.
On december 31st 1877 the countess Cerretani sold the entire property to Francesco Ciacci, head of a Cestelnuovo-based family. In the mid 1900s, the so-called "Palazzo del Vescovo" became known as Palazzo Ciacci Piccolomini d'Aragona after the marriage between count Alberto Piccolomini d'Aragona, a direct descendent of enea Silvio Piccolomini (Pope Pius II), and Elda Ciacci.
In the 1985, in the absence of direct successors, the property was inherited by Giuseppe Bianchini. He and his family took residence in the Palazzo, the Headquarters for the agricultural estate. They uphold the Heritage of the property and, with determination and pride, maintain the traditions and culture that are part and parcel of the estate.
Giuseppe, an extrovert wine man, sadly passed away in february 2004, leaving a hude loss and an immense series of projechts for his chindren to accomplish. Paolo and Lucia, who already flanked him in the estate management, are now at the helm of the Tenuta Ciacci Piccolomini d'Aragona.
Ciacci Piccolomini d'Aragona pictures