The Sumeire Family, who has been the owner of Font-Freye (a part of which has recently been sold) since 1933, acquired this large estate in 1958 near Pierrefeu, in the Var.
Formerly belonging to the clergy as the summer residence of the archbishops of Toulon, this property is peculiar in that it bears two names: Château La Tour de l’Evêque and Château La Tour Sainte Anne.
Its past is part of the history of Provence and France.
Queen Mary, Countess of Provence, gave privileges on this land to the inhabitants of Cuers. The sister of King René, Queen Jeanne, the Queen of Naples, is thought to have stayed there.
Chateau la Tour de l'Eveque pictures