On 16th July 1711 it was ceded to Vincent de la Montaigne, a coinsellor at the Bourdeaux parliament. On the map drawn up by Belleyme at the end of the 18th century, "BASTOR" represented at that time a large estate, which had already begun wine-growing, even if in general much of the estate's activity was based on mixed farming.
The real wine-growing era begun in the 19th century when the Larrieu family, and in particular Amédée Larrieu, who was already the owner of Château Haut Brior in Pessac, took over the estate.
He bought the estate of Bastor-Lamontagne in 1839 at a time when sweet whine were greatly sought-after. The wine-growing part of the farming therefore became its main activity.
In 1936, Château Bastor-Lamontagnae was sold by one of de descendants of the Larrieus, the Viscount of Larochebrochard, and today belongs to Foncier- Vignoble. The chateau is a member of the Union des Grands Crus de Bourdeaux.
Chateau Bastor-Lamontagne pictures