The Brigaldara winery is just outside the village of San Floriano, in the heart of Valpolicella, north of Verona. Located at the entrance of the Marano Valley, one of the four valleys that makes up the "Classical" area of Valpolicella.
The company covers a total area of 50 hectares of property, bred with vineyards and olive groves. Adjacent to the villa, used as a house by the Cesari family, stands the farmhouse characterized by the traditional porch that has recently been upgraded and converted into a cellar.
The cellar is structured on two levels, and is completely inserted into the original architecture of the farmhouse adjacent to the villa. The top level is dedicated to the reception and winemaking of grapes, while in the lower area is inserted the barricade and the working and refining area. The cellar enters the property surrounded by magnificent vineyards.
The buildings are part of the property of Brigaldara in total respect of the original structure and the valley.
The Brigaldara name appears for the first time in a notarial act of 1260, and with this name over the centuries a villa and a group of rustic villagers have been identified with the surrounding countryside.
The Cesari family bought the villa and the bottom in 1929, then the grapes and the olive grower were mixed with orchards and cereals, then in the 60s and 70s, with the end of the half-tails, the last conversion with specialized crops of vine and olive.
Since 1979, it began to vinify, before the grapes were sold and the company developed by acquiring 4 hectares bordering in Marano 1990 and 4 in Grezzana 1991.
Then the 5 hectares of land for rent in Fumane in 1995 and the large plot of 70 hectares houses, rented and part of the ranch where 9 hectares of vineyards were planted at an altitude of 450 meters above sea level.
Finally, Marcellise in the eastern part of Verona with its 20 hectares of vines.