DOC Primitivo di Manduria
||San Marzano di San Giuseppe (TA)
||The climate is characterised by high temperatures all year round, very little rainfall and a wide temperature range between night and day, which has a positive influence on the quality of the grapes.
|Composition of the land
||The soil is mainly “red earth”, with a fine texture and a generally calcareous underground with few emerging rocks. The well-known redness of these soils is due to the presence of iron oxides.
||Second half of September.
||Grapes are hand-harvested in advanced status of ripening. Maceration: 18 days on 80% of the mass, 25 days on remaining 20% (with selected autochthonous yeasts). Thermo- controlled alcoholic fermentation at 24-26 °C.
||12 months in fine French and American wood barrels.
||Red meat, game, savoury first courses. Meditation wine.
||Price San Marzano Sessantanni Primitivo di Manduria 2013 € 22.50