The Company Wiese & Krohn was founded in 1865 by two Norwegians, Theodor Wiese and Dankert Krohn. In 1880 Theodor Wiese decided to sell its shares to the shareholder Dankert Krohn while still working as an export manager in the company, its development work of foreign markets and especially of the Norwegian was such that the company grew bigger and bigger. Dankert Krohn died in 1906 and after several changes of ownership, in 1921 came Falcao Edmundo Carneiro, an export manager who was already working in the company since 1910.
Since then, the family Carneiro is the third generation in conducting the cellar. The 'Company possesses a valuable property called "Quinta do Retiro Novo" located in the valley of the Rio Torto, noble area of the Douro.
From this "Quinta" coming wines intended for Vintage Port, Late Bottled Vintage and Colheita. The Wiese & Krohn has about five million liters of wine stored to mature in six cellars in Vila Nova de Gaia and one in the Douro region.