In the mid 19 th century Marotti family purchased the land in Sant'Amico hamlet of Morro D'Alba and bulit a villa in the heart of the estate. An article featured in the local agricultural newspaper dated 1886 informs us that the first Vineyard consisted of "8000 vines, each positioned at a distance of 1.2 metres, using the 'Gyuot' training system".
At that time wheat and other crops were mainly cultivated in this area, but as the years and generations passed the farm landscape became more predominantly vineyards due to the natural suitability of this land to viticulture.
In 1991 Giovanni Marotti Campi took over the family property and carried out an important restructuring of the estate, planting new vineyards and increasing the overall size to 52 hectares, of which a major part is cultivated with indigenous varietals.
In 1999, the combined passion and vision of Giovanni, along with his wife, Francesca and his son Lorenzo, saw the construction of a new winery, a modern facility which provides the best conditions for vinification.
This is a family run business where as a team, along with our workforce we carefully and professionally manage the whole process in our vineyards, in the winery and in the market.
Consequently each bottle of wine represents for us in Italy and in the rest of the world our passion and committment.