||Altitude: 170 m. a.s.l. Exposure: Hilly and lowland.
|Composition of the land
||Marl, sandstone and clay.
||Harvested by hand in boxes of 10 kgs.
||De-stemming and soft crushing. Then the wine is immediatly cooling to 7-8 °C. 72 hours of maceration at low temperature (in this phase the wine obtain its particulary coppery colour). Racking and fermentation (with indigenous yeasts) in stainless tanks;
||After, 20% of the wine is aged in oak barrels of 1500 liters with battonage every 10 days, while the remaining 80% age in steel tanks with battonage every 20 days. After eight months the two parts are joined together and bottling.
||It goes very well with spider crab, scampi or shrimp, scallops and stewed cuttlefish.
||Price Specogna Pinot Grigio Ramato 2018 € 54.90