Buy italian wine on Xtrawine.
Castello Albola Chianti Classico Riserva 2016

Castello Albola Chianti Classico Riserva 2016

Front Castello Albola Chianti Classico Riserva 2016
Back Back Castello Albola Chianti Classico Riserva 2016
92
0,75 l  -  13.50% by vol.
Castello d'Albola
XW
91
GR
95
Bright ruby mantle.
It offers aromas of the Mediterranean, small wild berries, ink, graphite, resin, leather and underbrush.
The taste follows closely the notes you feel the nose. Balanced and fine tannic and fresh.
More info
Price € 18.59
Save € 0.99 (5%)
€ 17.60
Price With VAT
Out of stock
Serving temperature:
16 - 18°C.
Decanting time:
1 hours
Longevity:
10 - 15 years
Food matching:
Name Castello Albola Chianti Classico Riserva 2016
Wine type Red still
Classification
Year 2016
Format 0,75 l Standard
Country
Region Tuscany
Grapes 5% Canaiolo Nero, 95% Sangiovese
Location Radda in Chinati (SI)
Composition of the land The vineyard is situated at Pian d’Albola in the hills of Radda in Chianti, at an altitude of around 400 m. (1,310 ft.). It has a southerly exposure, and lies on well-structured clayey soils characterized by the presence of stones (the famous alberese found throughout the Chianti Classico zone).
System Cordon Spur and Tuscan upside down.
Plants n. x hectare 3,500 vines per hectare
Yield x hectare 6000 Kg. per hectare
Vinification The must, which comes from grapes picked by hand, is placed in horizontal vinification tanks where it remains for around 3 weeks. Once the malolactic fermentation is complete, the wine immediately goes into oak casks for ageing.
Aging Maturation lastes 15 months: 10% of the wine goes into Allier oak barriques, the remaining 90% into traditional Slavonian oak barrels. This is followed by 12 months’ maturation in stainless steel and a further three months in bottle before release.
Alcohol 13.50% by volume
On sale Price Castello Albola Chianti Classico Riserva 2016 € 17.60  With VAT

Castello d'Albola

From this winery:
Mention is made of Albola with regard to holdings of Charles IV and the first definite traces of the are to be found in some title deeds and in a notarial document dating from 1010 regulating the relationships between some tenant farmers in Albola an...
Map
Official awards
Customer reviews
Expert
Award
Vintage
Gambero Rosso
 
2016
Veronelli
 
2016
xtraWine
91/100 
2016
James Suckling
93/100 
2015
James Suckling
93/100 
2013
Recommended
From same producer...
From same type...
Accessories...
Feedbacks
Newsletter

Discounts up to 30%!

Buy wines and spirits online in our enoteca at the best price! Sign up now and be the first to hear about our special offers and the latest deals on the site!

 

Leader in selling wines and spirits online. We accept:
Other country website:
Xtrawine Hong-Kong
Enoteca online certified:
©  ·  WBX Srl, GBX Srl, BBX Srl, with group VAT number IT04413480403, are subject to the management and coordination of Adros Spa, Via Teofilo Folengo n. 2 · 25135 Brescia (BS) - Italy · C.F. 04343670404 P.Iva 04413480403 - REA FO403806 · Cap. soc. 52.000€ i. v. ·   Tel: +39 05431803620

Product successfully added to cart