When I began leading the company I immediately did the choice of organic farming for these reasons:
1) ecological environmental
4) environmental sustainability
The simplest definition and widespread says that organic farming is the method of cultivation and farming which excludes the use of synthetic chemicals. This definition, while recognizing a fundamental difference from the conventional farming, does not explain fully the method that is actually very complex.
Fulcrum of organic farming is the soil: cultivation techniques should aim to improve and maintain the fertility. The goals that should be pursued are:
- Increase the organic matter content
- Ensure good biological activity
- Improve the chemical-physical
- Protect the soil from erosion
- Avoid the phenomena of compaction given by the passage of machines
- Regulate the vegetative-productive activity of the plant
In the vineyard a good result can be achieved with the green cover, which enrich the soil with organic matter and also contributes to a diversified agro-ecosystem. The permanent herbaceous cover guarantee life to a number of arthropod species and stimulates the biological activity of the soil supporting the development of microorganisms and soil fauna.