Located in the vicinity of Château Pétrus, this small estate shares history with the property across the road, Château Le Gay. Both part of the property Le Manoir de Gay in the mid 18th century, it was purchased by the Greloud family and divided among the sons into two properties, the Domain de Lafleur section eventually inherited by André Robin who imprinted on Lafleur his personal motto, "Qualité passe quantité" (French: Quality surpasses quantity).
In 1946 the sisters Marie and Thérèse Robin inherited both Lafleur and Le Gay, and ran both estates for nearly 40 years until Thérèse Robin's death. Allegedly reclusive characters, the sisters were uninterested in the growing fame of Lafleur, preferring to remain in the shadow of Château Pétrus. In 1981 the longstanding distributors of Lafleur the Libourne merchant Établissements Jean-Pierre Moueix handled management for Marie Robin.
Upon the death of Marie Robin in 2001, Jacques and Sylvie Guinaudeau took charge of the estate.
Chateau La Fleur pictures