In 1306, the Cardinal Raymond Guilhem de Fargues established the first stone of the solid wall of the Château de Fargues. In 1472, the family Lur Saluces bought the propriety. Indeed since more than half a millennium, this château has belonged to the same family, a very rare fact in Bordeaux. Between 1930 and 1940, the Marquis Bertrand de Lur Saluces decided to change his production from red wines to magnificent sweet white wines. The first bottling at the château was made in 1943. As he was doing at Yquem, Alexandre de Lur Saluces is applying a very strict and qualitative policy to get one of the best wines from the area of Sauternes.
Chateau de Fargues pictures