The oldest part of the castle The Pierrière was built at the end of the thirteenth century by Izambert lord. It was a strong house surrounded by a moat dug into the rock.
In 1607, François de Lageard (our ancestor) received the Pierrière dowry on her marriage to Marguerite de Puyperron. He enlarged the castle, creating a courtyard with a magnificent mistake in one of its corners. For a hundred years, this court is of exotic character with a massive banana. Francis Lageard also built a chapel near the castle.
In 1865, Leonardo Lageard finished the castle by building a round tower for his granddaughter. Transmitted by women, The Pierrière arrived in the Marcillac family in 1930.
Immagini Château La Pierrière