Cantine Paolini has a history spanning over half a century that began in 1964 in Marsala, the westernmost city in Sicily. In a fertile territory for the cultivation of vines and for cooperation, a group of forward-looking winemakers decided to combine individual forces and skills to enhance the most suitable soils and improve the production of grapes in wine. In 1972 the first harvest took place and since then the winery's path has been continuously expanding. The rural center once inhabited by the winemakers is located in the Paolini district, from which the winery takes its name. The origins of the name are even more ancient, in fact, they date back to the early 1500s when the monastic order Paolotti started to cultivate vineyards in the same places today.
What was the small group of winemakers is now a family of 1000 members who represent the beating heart of our business and whose grapes come here in the Paolini winery. Among the largest in Sicily, the vineyard covers 3,000 hectares on the eastern and southern slopes of the Sicilian municipalities of Marsala, Trapani, Salemi and Mazara del Vallo. In these lands with a high vocation, the thousand winemakers pass on their passion for the vine from father to son.