The story of Cantina Viberti Giovanni is rooted when Cavalier Antonio Viberti acquires the homonymous Locanda del Buon Padre. It ran the year 1923 and Antonio began to produce wine in the basement of the Good Father with the sole purpose of providing wines to the guests of his inn.
In those years the Dolcetto, Barbera and Nebbiolo were the 3 grapes purified by the knight and the wine sales were almost exclusively in the Good Father. In 1967, John, the second son, assisted by his wife Maria, began her first steps in the small family cellar.
At the end of the 1980s, the first micro-vinification of single vineyards began in temperature-controlled steel tanks, and the only local-only sale began to expand in European countries. The 1990s mark the beginning of export in the growing US market.
Today, the cellar Viberti Giovanni marks the pace with the new generation who sees the youngest son Claudio, engaged directly in winemaking and management, can count on a production of 70,000 bottles a year, constantly growing, on a young staff Motivated and on the ambition to reach new goals.
The wines produced see BAROLO protagonist, as well as the most important denominations of Langa. The new projects are the soul of the cellar: after the DOLBAS exit, the eyes are turned to the "superlanghe" INISJ.
Viberti Giovanni pictures