The Rancy estate was established in the 1920. At the time, it was producing a wide range of sweet, dry red and rosé wines. In 1970, Marcel Verdaguer took over the estate. Given the increase in demand for natural sweet wines, he decided to hand over the responsibility of the red wine production to the village wine cellar and devote himself entirely to the production of Rivesaltes.
In 2001, After renovating their wine cellar, they began producing dry red wines. They gradually stopped working for the village wine cooperative in order to produce "vins de terroir". In 2006, Delphine, our elder daughter, joins us partially on the domain and insures the wine making of the red vines. She created gradually a range of monovines (Carignan 2006) excellent wines of soil.
In 2011, 1st date bio : Côtes du Roussillon Villages and IGP Côtes Catalanes : black Grenache.
Immagini Domaine de Rancy