The Drei Donà'estate is located on the ancient romagnan hills between the towns of Forlì, Castrocaro and Predappio.
The "La Palazza" farm house was built around a watch tower constrcted by Caterina Sforza in 1481 in a strategic position on the gentle slopes of Massa di Vecchiazzano to defend her lands.
The property has been in the hands of the Drei Donà familiy since the last century and has always been dedicated to producing Sangiovese grapese, but has undergone a radical trasformation under the present owner, count Claudio Drei Donà.
After acquiring a law degree and working in the insurance industry, count Drei Donà together with his son Enrico, has dedicated his effords solely to the property, decisively guiding its activities towards increasingly high objectives.
Most of the 23 hectards of vine yards are planted with Sangiovese grapes which were indigenous to the property. The old vines have been studied, selected and propigated to maintain La Palazza's original clones.
Our working philosophy is extramely rigid: the wines that we produce are the result of hard work in the vineyard, ensuring the highest quality grapes are grown, and that these grapes are carefully fermented and aged in our modern cellars, to produce a wine that is a true expression of the Massa di Vecchiazzano Romagnan "terrorir".
Just a note to explain the names of our wines: they all come from the names of the horses that we also breed in the farm.
Drei Donà - Tenuta la Palazza pictures